The information below covers all the costs that are associated with a tenancy agreement other than the monthly rental itself.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Giggs and Company Lettings):
- Holding deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Deposit: 5 weeks rent
- (Example: you choose to rent a flat at £650 per calendar month. Your deposit will be £650 x 12 / 52 x 5 = £750)
- First month’s rent minus the holding deposit (Example: £650 - £150 holding fee = £400)
- Example: total amount due on move in would be £1150
During the tenancy (payable to Giggs and Company Lettings):
- Payment of £50 inclusive of VAT if you want to change the tenancy agreement
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of (Example: £500 rent arrears and 26 days outstanding
- 500 x 0.0375 = £18.75
- 18.75 ÷ 365 = £0.051
- 5.1p x 26 = £1.34
- Payment of £50 inclusive of VAT for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs (such as re-marketing costs) associated with your early termination of the tenancy – maximum costs £432, (inclusive of VAT) dependant on Inventory costs for size of property
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation, including contractual damages.
How do we ensure our tenants are protected?
We are a registered member of the Safe Agent Client Money Protection Scheme our accreditation number is A7396, this is a client money protection scheme to ensure your money is handled within the correct manner. Download a copy of our Safe Agent Client Money Protection Certificate here.
We are also members of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme for consumer complaints.